Wheel Alignment at Potomac Creek Automotive in Fredericksburg, Virginia
Did you know that your vehicle’s tires are not placed on completely straight? This is done intentionally in order to maximize the lifespan of your tires. Each manufacturer specifies some predefined angles to the wheels of their cars, whether that be a Ford, Nissan, Honda, Jeep, or something else, and tilts them inward or outward. If your wheels are not tilted properly, it can cause your tires to wear out much faster, and compromises the fuel efficiency of your vehicle as well as the safety and smoothness of your drive.
Some may use wheel alignment and wheel balancing interchangeably, but they are not the same thing. Wheel alignment consists of adjusting the wheel's angles so they are perpendicular to the ground and parallel with each other. Wheel balancing, on the other hand, allows your vehicle to drive smoothly by minimizing tire bounce. A proper alignment will reduce vibrations and your vehicle will maintain a straight trajectory without pulling to either side of the road. To save money and help the environment, it is important that you get your wheel alignment checked regularly. You can bring your car for a wheel alignment to Potomac Creek Automotive in Fredericksburg today.
What does a wheel alignment entail?
When you bring your vehicle for a wheel and frame alignment, our technicians perform precise, computerized measurements and adjustments to restore the factory alignment specifications for your vehicle as closely as possible. These measurements include:
- Camber: the inward or outward angle of the tire when viewed from the front of the vehicle. This can be positive (outward) or negative (inward). Too much positive or negative camber means your wheels are misaligned.
- Toe: the extent to which your tires tilt in or out when viewed from above. This can be easily remembered if you look down at your feet and point your toes inward and outward. When your tires are angled inward, this is called toe-in alignment, and when they are angled outward, it is toe-out alignment.
- Caster: the angle of the steering access when viewed from the side of your vehicle. Positive caster means the steering access is tilted toward the driver, while negative caster means the steering access is tilted away from the driver.
How do I know if I need to come in for a wheel alignment?
Your vehicle’s alignment could be affected by driving on poorly maintained roads, hitting a curb or driving through potholes. Here are some signs your vehicle needs a wheel alignment:
- Your steering wheel is not centered.
Your steering wheels should be centered when you are driving on a straight, flat road. You should be able to recognize if your steering wheel isn't centered if the vehicle emblem on the center of your steering wheel is tilted.
- Your vehicle pulls to one side or another.
If it takes more effort than usual from your steering wheel to drive straight, this means your vehicle is pulling to one side and that your wheels are misaligned.
- Your steering wheel doesn't return to center.
After you make a turn, your steering wheel should return to center. If this doesn't happen as quickly as it should, your vehicle needs a wheel alignment.
- The handling feels loose when driving.
If your car feels loose or sloppy around corners and/or the steering feels unstable, it is crucial that you bring your vehicle in for a wheel alignment.
If you are experiencing one or more of these symptoms, it is imperative that you bring your car in for a wheel alignment. If you are in Stafford County or surrounding areas, you can come to Potomac Creek Automotive for a wheel alignment today. While we're at it, we can also thoroughly inspect the rest of your vehicle to see if any additional services, such as scheduled maintenance, and tune-ups are required.
Your Trusted Shop for Wheel Alignment
In cities like Fredericksburg, you don’t want to be driving on the road with worn out, unstable tires. At Potomac Creek Automotive, we will make sure you leave with your vehicle’s wheels perfectly aligned, the way the manufacturer intended. Our reliable technicians have the skills and tools needed to provide quality service. We specialize in check engine light diagnostics, brake repair, and of course, wheel alignment. Here's why you should choose us:
- We have an average star rating of 4.9 based on reviews from 79 customers and counting.
- We have a relaxing waiting room with free WiFi, drinks, and snacks.
- Most of our services come with a 3 year/36,000 mile warranty.
- All of our technicians are ASE Certified.
If needed, we can also perform a wheel rotation and check your tire pressure. If you are in the 22405 vicinity or surrounding areas, don't hesitate to give us a call at 540-361-6486 or schedule an appointment online at https://potomaccreekautomotive.com/?openapt with us today!
44 Potomac Creek Dr
Fredericksburg, VA 22405
Mon – Fri: 8am-6pm
We’d Love to Hear From You!
Our technicians use the latest technology to not only tell you if there are any issues with your vehicle, but show you.
If we uncover an issue the photo will be e-mailed to you for your records. At the end of every visit you will receive a detailed report regarding the general health of your vehicle. Our #1 goal is to keep you safe on the road.