BMW Repair in Fredericksburg, Virginia
A Brief History of BMW
Plenty of Fredericksburg and Stafford residents drive BMWs, and there's a rich history behind the popular car brand. Originally an engine manufacturer, BMW released its first vehicle, a motorcycle, in 1923. Throughout the 1930s, BMW expanded its range to into sports cars and larger luxury cars. The BMW 3/20, released in 1932, was the first BMW automobile designed completely by BMW. Four years later, BMW released its first four-door sedan, the BMW 326.
After World War II, BMW resumed automobile production and released the BMW 501 in 1951. After some revisions, the car was re-released as the BMW 501A and resulted in a doubling of sales. In the mid 1950s, BMW bought a license to manufacture Issetas, an Italian "bubble car" that had become popular in Europe. More than ten thousand Issetas were sold in 1955 alone. However, for a few years BMW was unable to compete with its competitors and was nearing the point of bankruptcy. In 1960, the development program began for a new range of models, called the "Neue Klasse" (New Class) project, which is credited for saving the BMW company. BMW released New Class four-door sedans in 1962, officially establishing its identity as sports sedan producers. In 1968, production of the BMW M30 engine began, BMW's first straight-six engine since World War II which would remain in production for 24 years. Four years later, the first generation of the BMW 5 series mid-size sedans were introduced to replace the New Class sedans. BMW's first SUV, the X5, was introduced in 1999. Although different from its typical sports cars, the X5 sold very well and resulted in other SUVs being introduced in the coming years. We at Potomac Creek Automotive in Stafford County have been servicing BMW's since 1996, so we can take care of your car, bumper to bumper.
With over 15 models on the market today, BMWs are known for the smooth drive they provide, their standout look, and their quiet purring engines. If your BMW ever needs check engine light diagnostics, or anything else, don't hesitate to come to Potomac Creek Automotive in Stafford County. The current vehicle series' BMW has include:
- 2 Series: BMW's sporty, entry-level subcompact vehicle in the U.S. It comes in both coupe and convertible body styles.
- 3 Series: BMW's best-selling vehicle of all time. The first generation released in 1976, this compact sedan is what BMW is known for.
- 4 Series: A variant from the 3 Series, introduced in 2014. It comes in two-door coupe, four-door gran coupe and convertible editions.
- 5 Series: BMW's mid-size sedan, introduced in 1972.
- 6 Series: A variant from the 5 Series that has “curves that captivate, power that astounds, and the attitude to capture attention.”
- 7 Series: A full-size luxury sedan.
- 8 Series: BMW's luxury grand tourer. It's available in both coupe and convertible body styles.
- Z4: BMW's small roadster. The "Z" stands for "zukunft," which is German for "future." If your Z4 ever needs brake repair and you're in Fredericksburg or Stafford, don't hesitate to bring it to Potomac Creek Automotive.
- X1: BMW's entry-level subcompact crossover. Car and Driver named it one of their 10 best Trucks and SUVs for 2019.
- X2: A sportier, driving-oriented subcompact crossover. It’s lower to the ground than the X1. It has a sleeker “coupe” body shape and less cargo space. As sleek as the X2 is, it will eventually need repairs. If your car needs transmission repair or anything else, you can come to Potomac Creek Automotive in Stafford County.
- X3: BMW's compact SUV. It was introduced in 2003, and the third generation was introduced for the 2018 model year.
- X4: A sportier version of the X3, with a sloping coupe body style. We at Potomac Creek Automotive have performed plenty of services on BMW X4's, including auto air conditioning repair and state inspections.
- X5: BMW's midsize SUV. It was the first BMW SUV, introduced in 1999.
- X6: BMW’s midsize crossover coupe. BMW says it is the “commanding sports activity coupe” with “striking looks, aggressive stance, and large proportions.” Whether your X6 needs check engine light diagnostics or something else, you can bring it to us and we will repair your vehicle with great care and efficiency.
- X7: BMW's first full-size three-row SUV. It's the largest BMW ever built.
- i3: BMW's subcompact all-electric vehicle.
- i8: A plug-in hybrid performance roadster BMW launched in 2014. It comes in both Coupe and Roadster editions.
If you have a BMW in need of repairs, you can bring it to Potomac Creek Automotive in Fredericksburg today!
Potomac Creek Automotive: Your Reliable Shop for BMW Repair
Eventually, all vehicles need to be brought in for repairs. Whatever your needs are, you can take your BMW to Potomac Creek Automotive. Proudly serving residents of Fredericksburg, Virginia, 22405 and surrounding areas since 1996, our knowledgeable technicians go through extensive automotive repair training. At Potomac Creek Automotive, our number one goal is complete customer satisfaction, and we will make sure your vehicle is taken care of with top-notch service and also efficiently and cost-effectively. Here are some reasons we should be our auto repair shop:
- We offer a free shuttle service to take you where you need to go if your vehicle is in our shop for an extended period of time.
- We have an average star rating of 4.9 based on reviews from 79 customers and counting.
- All of our technicians are ASE Certified.
- Most of our services come with a 3 year/36,000 mile warranty.
44 Potomac Creek Dr
Fredericksburg, VA 22405
Mon – Fri: 8am-6pm